• To identify and monitor significant educational issues affecting education in the state.
• To seek out and disseminate to CFT locals and members information from AFT and other organizations about these key issues.
• To keep CFT locals and members informed regarding important educational issues through articles in CFT publications and workshops at CFT conventions and other meetings.
• To provide a forum for members to engage in dialogue and support each other in efforts to improve the governance and structure of education.
• To create a network of people and groups within the CFT interested in and/or committed to quality public education.
• To collect and distribute existing contract language and negotiated contracts of effective locals.
• To monitor state and federal education legislation, statutes, and regulatory policies that generate or affect educational issues.
• To explore and emphasize issues of common interest to all CFT Councils, locals, CFT members and all levels of education.
• To communicate the work and findings of the Committee, in conjunction with CFT staff, to the media and other interested parties (including legislators, CFT Locals and Members, CTA, etc.).
Check out CFT's School-to-Career Professional Development Toolkit/Website–CFT's one-stop website for educators, counselors and career staff, supporting integrated teaching strategies and principles of school-to-career.