Legal Rights Training for Local Leaders
Friday, January 22, 2106
10 am–3 pm
Manhattan Beach Marriott
We are expanding our legal rights training this year into a day-long program featuring many attorneys that work closely with the CFT. The morning session will feature legal rights workshops and the afternoon will feature our traditional panel of attorneys presenting on contemporary legal issues that affect our members.
Topics will include:
- Update on the U.S. Supreme Court case Friedrichs v. CTA
- Legal issue workshops for each CFT division
- Introduction to grievance handling
- Emerging legal issues for education and public sector unions
Who should attend?
Local union presidents, officers, staff, grievance officers, grievance committee members, and chief negotiators
Presenters and trainers
- Robert Bezemek, Esq.
- Lewis Levy, Levy Phillips
- Hope J. Singer, Bush Gottlieb, a Law Corporation
- Stewart Weinberg, Weinberg, Roger & Rosenfeld
- Larry Rosenzwieg, Esq.
Lunch will be provided. The CFT Division Councils will be held following this training.
For more information